Youth Protection training is required for all BSA registered volunteers and is a joining requirement.
Youth Protection training must be taken every two years. If a volunteer’s Youth Protection training record is not current at the time of recharter, the volunteer will not be re-registered.
How to Take Youth Protection Training Online
Follow the appropriate steps based on whether or not you already have a my.scouting.org account.
I DO NOT have a my.scouting.org account yet:
NOTE: You’ll need your member ID. If you don’t know what it is, refer to your membership card or ask the appropriate individual in your unit.
- Go to My.Scouting.org.
- Click on Create an Account.
- Enter a Username, following the restrictions and checking its availability. When ready, click “next.”
- Select “I know my member ID.”
- Select a council (Pee Dee Area).
- Put in your member ID and click “next.”
- Fill in the rest of your information.
- Once you have created your account, proceed to the steps that follow.
I DO have a my.scouting.org account:
- Sign in to My.Scouting.org with your Username and Password.
- Once signed in, refer to the vertical navigation bar on the left and under Training, click on E-Learning. You’ll be taken to a new page (“E-LEARNING COURSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM”).
- Click on the Program that pertains to you (Cub Scout Boy/Varsity Scout, Venturing, or General).
- Under Youth Protection Training, if the circle is yellow or red, click on “Take Course” (or “Retake Course”).